Wednesday 3 June 2009

Travel to Bruges









I have let this blog drift, rather inexplicably - I think mainly due to my own laziness but I need to get back in the habit of publishing posts. The blog was originally a vehicle to boost the SERPs of my website which I have periodic campaigns to boos it's ratings.

Actually, I am not doing too badly. My Google.com rankings as at 3 June 2009 are as follows:

Landscape Photography 34 (but 14 on Google.co.uk)
Nature Photography 99 (but 39 on Google.co.uk)
Travel Photography 40 (but 9 on Google.co.uk)

I think that the last two are blips and I will probably sink back to pages two or three - I only discovered my promotion today which is why my SEO efforts are being renergised and I am writing a new post on my blog (which has one or two hits a day!).

It will be interesting to see what effect my new found ranking will have on my traffic - hopefully it will sky rocket but we shall see.

Anyway, the whole point of this blog is to publish some of my photos and also give some vital links to my website. The aim would be to monetise both and possibly spin off some pages into websites in their own right and for some reason I have decided to start an experiment with my gallery of photographs of Bruges.

Having done some keyword research I have decided to optimise that page for the phrases "travel to Bruges". Note the link to the gallery (a crafty piece of SEO I hope).

I checked the Google Adwords Keyword Tool and the phrase travel to Bruges seems to have enough traffic, and only a few competing pages so that I should be able to launch the page into the first page on Google for the phrase. Hopefully I will also get a good ranking for "travel Bruges" which has higher traffic but more competition. I will also add more resources and links etc., and if I manage to get traffic and ranking then I will monetise the page and see what happens.

Anyway here's to project Travel to Bruges and as this is a blog dedicated to landscape photography, travel photography and nature photography, here are some photos of Bruges - oops they seem to have been posted at the top of the post.

No comments: