Sunday 13 April 2014

My New Ride.



And here it is, my new ride (though in fact I've been riding this for a couple of months).  She looks great and what's more, I assembled her!

A steel track frame, painted matt black, which I bought off Ebay fitted with a golden Sturmey Archer crankset, bull horn bars and a single speed gear at the back.

A 46 tooth chainring at the front and a 16 tooth gear at the back -  perfect for riding the twenty miles into work along the towpath which follows the River Lea from Broxbourne into London.

I am really coming to appreciate the simplicity of a single speed bike especially now the weather is improving and the towpath drying out.  She's certainly not light but it's a great training bike and my legs are already feeling stronger.  Hopefully this will stand me in good stead for the highlight of this year's cycling calender; cycling from Rome to Monte Carlo in 3.5 days, not on the single speed though!






No comments: