Friday 2 May 2008

Namibia

As this is a photo blog, I will publish some of my work each week. This week, the photos were all taken during a trip to , which I took some 7 or 8 years ago. The photos were all taken with my Nikon F3 using either Ilford PanF for black and white or Fuji Provia 100 slide film for the colour shots. You can see more photos at my web site

This photo was taken at a watering hole in Etosha National Park - it was amazing to see so many animals together, but the elephants were a little irritable!
I love this shot of a line of four ostriches (the lead bird is hidden from view) walking past a small group of Zebra.
Some highly unpleasant characters butchering an elephant carcass (F*$&!!!s)
A rather lonely looking oryx.

This is a photo of some trees in the Namib desert.  I like the image because it has an old fashioned air about it  - as if it had been taken with an old  brownie box camera.  the tree branches are quite feathery and form an arch through which the background is seen.



The shot above is of some dead trees in the aptly named Dead Vlai in the Namib desert.

On  a totally different note my brand new second hand(!) Braun Nizio arrived this week so I can't wait to try it out this week end!! I'll post the results as soon as I get them.  Drop me a line if you like my work -  or if you hate it for that matter!.




No comments: