Wednesday 10 March 2010

Kiev 60 at Canvey Island

I recently purchased an old Soviet made Kiev 60 camera on ebay on a whim having seen some photos taken with the camera on the web. To be honest it had always been on my wish list to buy a medium format SLR and the price was right so I paid my money and got my camera a few days later.

I was abit taken aback by the sheer size of the thing when it arrived. I'm used to carrying around the light weight plastic holga but the Kiev is the same size and weight of a small tank - I almost wasn't sure whether to take photos or invade Berlin!

Anyway I had also bought some Fuji Provia 400X and Kodak Ektachrome 64T on ebay so I grabbed a roll of each and drove to Canvey Island to see what I could see. Anybody who knows Canvey Island would understand there is no better place for an old Soviet camera and when I got there the first place I found was a funfair. The full gallery is here but I will post more of the images on this blog as I was blown away by the results.

The first photo was taken with the 400X, the second with the 64T.

No comments: