Monday 22 March 2010

Marrakesh

Here are a couple of shots taken during a trip to Marrakesh in January 2010. Both images were taken with a Holga.




The first photo was taken towards sunset on the famous Djemaa el Fna. The square fills up every evening with food stalls, acrobats, snake charmers, story tellers hustlers and thieves and the locals come to eat, meet their friends and take in the colourful entertainment. This image though is one of my favourites as it captures the atmosphere of the place. The photo was taken with Ilford Delta 3200 pushed to ASA25,000.


The second shot was a chance encounter - my wife and I were walking down a side street when I noticed a butcher talking to a local man in berber dress. The butcher was framed by his meat and hooks and so I decided to take a take a discrete shot from the other side of the road. The light was about as low as the film and holga could take but I was very pleased with the results. The final frame had to be heavily cropped and it's a shame there wasn't enough light to show the detail on the man talking to the butcher but I like the colour and the atmosphere of the image.

Click on photographs of Marrakesh to see the full gallery. I'll be posting some other favourites soon. In the meantime please feel free to comment on anything you see in the blog, post links, follow, or whatever.

No comments: